[parisc-linux] XFree86, sti bmode/wmode merge

Thomas Bogendoerfer tsbogend@alpha.franken.de
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 01:49:37 +0200

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 05:51:25PM +0200, Yves Bodack wrote:
> I was just trying to set up an xserver on my 712/60, but i'm not too
> experienced in these things and failed. Could you give me some hints on what
> you have installed and what the tweaking was, you did? Or may be, there is a
> web ressource i havn't found yet.

you need:

xbase-clients
xfont-base
xserver-xfree86
xterm

and a window manager (since fvwm* wasn't avaiable, I took vtwm).

And then I took the XF86Config from my notebook, where I'm alreay running
XFree 4.0.2 (server only so far), put it in place (/etc/X11/XF86Config) and
defined a fbdev device. I've attached my current XF86Config from the 712.
To use this XF86Config you also need a new kernel with PS/2 mouse support.

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]