[parisc-linux] PALO/kernel-build change proposal

Paul Bame bame@fc.hp.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:52:55 -0600

= > I propose that 'make palo' be changed to simply run 'palo -f ./palo.conf'
= > after vmlinux is built.  This means palo would have to be in the $PATH
= > and that the top-level linux source directory would contain a
= > suitable palo.conf file.  I've been using this model for cross-compiling
= > for several months and like it.  I would document how xc-ers can best
= > compile and "install" palo as well as supply a palo.conf file with
= > our typical configurations.
= >
= > What is 'make palo' today would be changed to 'make buildrunpalo'.  The
= > longer name is more truthful and less convenient on purpose.
=
=
= How about "make lifimage"?
= That's the only reason I run "make palo" in the XC environment.
= Having a XC-palo in the environment is no problem.
= In the XC env, I don't expect "make install" to do the right thing (tm).

ok, I ammend my proposal so that what I just described as 'make palo' be
changed to 'make lifimage', and that what I just called 'make buildrunpalo',
which jumps into the source tree and builds palo among other things, retain
the name buildrunpalo.  Howzzat?