[parisc-linux] Crazy Beowulf stuff!

Chris Snow chris@baldric.uwo.ca
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:38:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Aaron Berg wrote:

> Greetings all! I was reading a couple of posts about clustering. Well I
> made a small 6 node +server x86 cluster over a year ago now. Works great
> and now I am being donated 10 hp 9000 c220 4 c110 and 2 j2240. Now I
> have read that the j2240 and 220 may not be quite working yet. For the
> last two years I have been fiddling with getting RS/6000 43p 260 running
> linux. so I know how time consuming it can be to get a computer running
> linux. I would simply like to say I maybe getting active in this HP 9000
> stuff very shortly. Time pending I would love to help make progress with
> the pa-risk linux project. I may even be the 2nd person crazy enough to
> build a beowulf cluster with them. ;-)

Just to add,

We (the Baldric Project at UWO) have suceeded in running some MPI
applications under linux with our 715/33 and 715/50 machines (48 in all,
but not all set up yet).  Right now we are in the process of building some
tools to do automated node installation by booting a specific image off
the LAN.  Once we get everything set up, we will post a short how-to and a
copy of the relevant scripts on the website. At that time I'll send out
another email the let everyone know of our progress.

If you want to learn more about our project, check out the website:

http://www.baldric.uwo.ca/

Cheers,

     Chris

"Mmmm, free goo."