[parisc-linux] Re: Problem installing .9 iso image on C240

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 23:23:34 -0600

Richard Hirst wrote:
> Installing a 64 bit kernel with narrow PDC
> calls later would be an option (once it works).  Do we leave building
> that kernel as an exercise for the user, or or do we have one packaged
> in the archive?

I was under the impression the "CONFIG_PDC_NARROW" option would only
"activate" itself in one boxes that needed it. Ie it does grow the kernel
and AFAIK is really only useful for Cxxx models.
Ryan, do I have it right?

I am pretty sure K/D/R-class boxes have a different source base for PDC
which "properly" support wide-mode PDC calls.

thanks,
grant

Grant Grundler
parisc-linux {PCI|IOMMU|SMP} hacker