[parisc-linux] sti console problem

Matthieu Le Corre matthieu.lecorre@polytech.univ-nantes.fr
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:28:34 +0200

Le Mardi 10 Juillet 2001 16:45, vous avez écrit :
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 04:06:11PM +0200, Matthieu Le Corre wrote:
> > in fact i've installed the 0.9 iso from the serial console
> > first and second stage are correct !
> > it boot correctly , but,
> > at the end of booting process ,
> > in sti console i get an "unable to open initial" console...
> > and then a login appears in serial console !
> > in fact all boot message appears un sti console execpt the boot prompt !
> > I have check inittab and /dev/tty* files , they seems ok ! i don't
> > understand
>
> For 0.9 we had different ISOs for 32 bit STI console and 32 bit
> serial console.  It sounds as though you might have booted
> the STI ISO, but used a serial console.  You get the login prompt
> on the serial console, because that is where inittab starts a
> getty.  Sounds like kernel printk output is displayed on the STI
> console, sugests you are using the STI kernel.  Not sure about
> this though...  Check the kernel boot params; do you have
> console=tty0 or console=ttyS0?

i've install FROM serial iso BUT i've installed the sti kernel
and i've paramater console=tty0 ;(
i've made both serial and sti start from inittab ....
the sti console seem to work but the only think is i don't get login prompt
on sti.
but when i shutdown system message appears on sti console !

i've try 0.9.1 but it failed after "branching kernel" despite a good md5sum