[parisc-linux] palinux 0.9.1

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jo=EBl_Soete?= jso@europay.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:42:10 +0200

FYI

I just recompile last cvs kernel (20010709 ie 2.4.6-pa7)
It boot fine (whithout yet STICON, just as before kernel of palinux-0.9).
So I believe that STICON on B180 will work soon.

Kind regards,
     Joel

                                                                           =
                                  =20
                    Richard Hirst                                          =
                                  =20
                    <rhirst@linux        To:     Jo=EBl Soete/BRU/MASTERCAR=
D@MASTERCARD                        =20
                    care.com>            cc:     "Richard Hirst <rhirst"   =
                                  =20
                                         <rhirst%linuxcare.com%SMTP%EUROPAY=
@mastercard.com>@SMTP@EUROPAY,    =20
                    09-07-01             parisc-linux@lists.parisc-linux.or=
g@SMTP@EUROPAY,                   =20
                    09:46 AM             puffin@esiee.net@SMTP@EUROPAY     =
                                  =20
                                         Subject:     Re: [parisc-linux] pa=
linux 0.9.1                       =20
                                                                           =
                                  =20

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 02:57:19PM +0200, Jo=EBl Soete wrote:

> Hello Richard,
>
> The problem ip_local_deliver:... cames in fact from the dhcp_client which
> is started by default?

I reproduced that problem; hadn't seen it before because I usually
use dhcp to configure my network.  Seems you only get the errors if
dhcp-client doesn't have any real interfaces to configure.

> For the sti console, I do have to be unlucky; I get backup the kernel
> installed with 0.9 then ps2 kbd works back ( I also suspect the kbd and
> change it, no difference)? what could be the problem? I also try to get
the
> last firmware but HP prevent to install it over the builtin ?

You are not the only person with this problem, so hopefully someone will
fix it soon.

Richard

This e-mail and any attachments to it may contain confidential information =
which is strictly intended for the use of the authorised recipient.  If you=
 have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender=
 by replying to this e-mail.
Thank you for your co-operation.