[parisc-linux] linux-2.4.0

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:57:14 -0800

Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> drivers/pci is almost unaltered from 2.4.0-test10 as grant thinks the
> changes which have been made will break our PCI code.

Unless someone objects, My plan is to continue working on CONFIG_SMP
until it boots on my A500. Then merge the 2.4.0 PCI stuff onto our
tree. The problem is names of pci "generic" functions changed -test11
or -test12 and what they do has been slightly changed. Certain things
definitely break A500 support. I need to revisit both the generic and
elroy code so it all works again.

> i'm going to send linus a patch tomorrow to get our arch/parisc and
> include/asm-parisc trees uptodate in his tree.

Which means the linus tree still won't build a parisc-kernel.
He'll have missing symbol errors in the PCI subsystem for sure.
But I guess we'll keep getting closer as time goes on.

thanks!
grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Systems Enablement Lab