[parisc-linux] PALO CD Creation

Phillip D. Beal pdbeal@louisville.edu
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:07:02 -0500

Hey,

I've been building the latest kernel stuff, and I see that its getting
close to complketiong for the STI console.  First off I'd have to say
great job so far.  I would like to create a bootable CD with one of the
kernels I have built from cvs.  The kernel boots on a 755 and 735
throught the network, but there are other machines I've been asked to
try this on, and I need a CD.  I've read through the README from the
palo sources and followed the steps to create a CD, but I have a
question about this steps.  Are all the steps executed on an HPUX
machine, a PARISC machine, or a standard linux machine?  If they are
created on a linux machine, where can someone get the palo binary for
i386 linux.  Also, the README needs a little bit of an update too I
think, since we now have to pass console=[tty0|ttyS0] to palo.

Thanks,
--
Phillip Beal                           ___           _               _
Electrical and Computer Engineering   | _ ) ___ __ _| |___  _ _  ___| |_