[parisc-linux] PALO CD Creation

bame@riverrock.org bame@riverrock.org
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:20:52 -0700

= Hey,
=
= I've been building the latest kernel stuff, and I see that its getting
= close to complketiong for the STI console.  First off I'd have to say
= great job so far.  I would like to create a bootable CD with one of the
= kernels I have built from cvs.  The kernel boots on a 755 and 735
= throught the network, but there are other machines I've been asked to
= try this on, and I need a CD.  I've read through the README from the
= palo sources

Sometimes the README.html is more up to date -- README is derived from it.

= and followed the steps to create a CD, but I have a
= question about this steps.  Are all the steps executed on an HPUX
= machine, a PARISC machine, or a standard linux machine?  If they are
= created on a linux machine, where can someone get the palo binary for
= i386 linux.

I master the CD and run palo on x86 Linux.  If you're using x86 to
cross-compile your Linux kernels you have the required palo binary
already.  Since the CD mastering software is probably not yet compiled
for palinux I think x86 Linux is your best choice.

= Also, the README needs a little bit of an update too I
= think, since we now have to pass console=[tty0|ttyS0] to palo.

The kernel command line is not specific to parisc and so the standard
Linux documentation should be used.  Palo's README does not duplicate
this information -- it should only document what's specific to palo
(kernel and ramdisk specifications) though I know it has a couple of
other things in there right now.

	-P