Who do I ask?

Paul Bame bame@fc.hp.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:32:45 -0700

= First off, Thank you for writing the docs on how to boot and load linux
= off of a CD.
= It is very helpful.  Though on most of the workstations I've tried
= booting, the machine locks up at "Switching from PDC console".
= Do you have an idea on how to fix this, or who I should talk to?
= Thank you,
=  - Josiah Carlson

I've cc-ed the mailing list you should use for asking palinux
questions (parisc-linux@thepuffingroup.com).  I recommend
checking our FAQ and archives for the answer to this
question.  The web site (with the FAQ and mailing list
info among other things) is at www.parisc-linux.org and you can
(crudely) search the e-mail archives at puffin.external.hp.com/cgi-bin/mailgrep

You didn't mention which version of the CD you have (that would be
helpful) or which workstations you're trying (that would be helpful too)
but I'm guessing you're trying to boot our CD on a machine which is
set up for a graphics console.  The CDs only work with serial consoles
so try plugging a terminal (9600 8N1) into the #1 serial port.

Please suggest ways that these resources (web site, mailing
list) are more obvious on our next CD since we obviously have
a problem.  Thanks!

	-P