C110 - palinux-0.5.iso boot but...

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:38:26 -0800

> What I do find strange anyway: if I try CTRL+ALT+DEL on the keyboard
> connected to mother board (i.e. PDC keyboard?) the awaiting reboot is well
> launch (except if I apply the patch
> http://puffin.external.hp.com/mailing-lists/parisc-linux/2000/12-Dec/0254.ht
> ml which also display more on the PDC console but "warning can not initial
> console" and go back to serial port console?)

I've seen this warning with the console patch applied and an *old* palo.
When Mathew Wilcox committed changes for the console support, he
also committed palo changes. palinux-0.5.iso has the old palo and thus
current kernels are slightly incompatible WRT console support.

grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Systems Enablement Lab
+1.408.447.7253