C110 - palinux-0.5.iso boot but...

Karsten Merker karsten@excalibur.cologne.de
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 22:05:55 +0100

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 11:43:23AM +0100, SOETE Joël wrote:

> Well no more success, I try again with several cvs release (last was dated
> 20010105) but still display some info on PDC console until "Switching from
> PDC console" then if I reconnect a console to the serial port I can login
> (same behavior for any model I can test C110, 712 or B180).

I have just tested a fresh cvs snapshot from today on a 712/80 - works out
of the box with STI-console (well, the problem with the pixel garbage is
still there, but in principle it works).

My PALO commandline is:
0/vmlinux HOME=/ TERM=linux root=/dev/nfs console=tty0

and the kernel is configured with:

#
# Character devices
#
CONFIG_VT=y
CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_GSC_PS2=y
CONFIG_HIL=y
CONFIG_SERIAL=y
# CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE is not set
CONFIG_SERIAL_GSC=y
# CONFIG_SERIAL_EXTENDED is not set
# CONFIG_SERIAL_NONSTANDARD is not set
CONFIG_UNIX98_PTYS=y
CONFIG_UNIX98_PTY_COUNT=256
CONFIG_PRINTER=y
# CONFIG_LP_CONSOLE is not set
# CONFIG_PPDEV is not set

[SNIP]

#
# Frame-buffer support
#
CONFIG_FB=y
CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
# CONFIG_FB_RIVA is not set
# CONFIG_FB_CLGEN is not set
# CONFIG_FB_PM2 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_CYBER2000 is not set
CONFIG_FB_STI=y
# CONFIG_FB_MATROX is not set
# CONFIG_FB_ATY is not set
# CONFIG_FB_ATY128 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_3DFX is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SIS is not set
# CONFIG_FB_VIRTUAL is not set
# CONFIG_FBCON_ADVANCED is not set
CONFIG_FBCON_STI=y
# CONFIG_FBCON_FONTWIDTH8_ONLY is not set
# CONFIG_FBCON_FONTS is not set
CONFIG_FONT_8x8=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x16=y
CONFIG_STI_CONSOLE=y