[parisc-linux] Network bootproblem with 712/80

Peter Mottram peter@petescaff.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:37:20 +0100 (CET)

Hello Tommi

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Tommi Aihkisalo wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I am having a problem with my 712/80 when booting with bootp/tftp. With some
> effort I got it requesting kernel image (lifimage) over the network. The

[SNIP]

I too have just tried a net boot of 0.9.3 from a remote location and also
failed. I noticed MUCH too late that the lifimage contains the following
files:

    0/vmlinux32 3122078 bytes @ 0x7800
    0/vmlinux64 3990942 bytes @ 0x302000
    0/ramdisk 1946807 bytes @ 0x6d0800

But PALO chooses a default kernel path of

    0/linux

I assume that is simply that the PALO definition in the lifimage is
incorrect. Once I get my remote button pusher to power cycle the system
for me (she is out shopping right now) I will try an interactive boot &
change the command line to boot the correct kernel.

If you get chance to try this before me then please let me know how it
goes.

Cheers
PeteM