[parisc-linux] Network bootproblem with 712/80

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:15:54 +0000

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 04:11:37PM +0200, Tommi Aihkisalo wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I am having a problem with my 712/80 when booting with bootp/tftp. With some
> effort I got it requesting kernel image (lifimage) over the network. The
> download starts but almost the same time it ends and it retries it over and
> over again. With Weird-solution's bootp and tftp server I can see that the
> download starts many times but all of them results error. When using the
> RedHat's bootp/tftp, the tcpdump shows (what I have understood from the
> output) that the HP is querying a file of name '.' (dot), this is quite
> strange...
>
> Have I understood correctly that the lifimage (from the 0.9.3 installation
> cd) is the correct kernel image?

Sorry for the slow response.  I just tried netbooting a 712 using the
lifimage on the 0.9.3 ISO (dists/woody/main/disks-hppa/current/lifimage),
and it booted fine.  The palo command line does say 0/linux, while the
lifimage contains linux32 and linux64 (or similar), but that is not a
problem - palo figures out that it is on a 32 bit box and selects the
32 bit kernel correctly.  I was using a Mandrake box as bootp/tftp server.

Richard