[parisc-linux] Network bootproblem with 712/80

Tommi Aihkisalo tommi.aihkisalo@vtt.fi
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:11:37 +0200

Hello all!

I am having a problem with my 712/80 when booting with bootp/tftp. With some
effort I got it requesting kernel image (lifimage) over the network. The
download starts but almost the same time it ends and it retries it over and
over again. With Weird-solution's bootp and tftp server I can see that the
download starts many times but all of them results error. When using the
RedHat's bootp/tftp, the tcpdump shows (what I have understood from the
output) that the HP is querying a file of name '.' (dot), this is quite
strange...

Have I understood correctly that the lifimage (from the 0.9.3 installation
cd) is the correct kernel image?

Tommi Aihkisalo
VTT Electronics @ Raahe

- ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.earth --- reboot universe? (Y/N)