[parisc-linux] What keywords should I use to find the answer?

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:25:32 -0700

"Edward Alfert" wrote:
> Thanks... This is fun...

cool!

> New kernel 2.4.19 is up and running... I'm able to use my monitor ...
> Initially I couldn't log in but found in the FAQ that I needed to
> "uncomment" tty0 from /etc/inittab ... By the way, there is no entry for
> tty0 in /etc/inittab, so I created one... So the FAQ shouldn't read
> "uncomment" but instead "create".

I punt. Met my web site hacking quota for the day...some substantial
updates to the 0.9.3 errata:
	http://www.parisc-linux.org/release-0.9/errata-093.html

(You do want to know how to avoid file corruption right?)

> The system is a C240 with FX4 video card (that's HP Visualize FX-4 with
> 18mb RAM) ... The GRAPHICS(4) is set to 1280 x 1024 @ 72Hz.

I don't think FX-4 is supported yet. Helger Deller or Thomas Bogendoerf
should be able to confirm in a few hours if no one else can.
Looks like we could use a seperate table for unsupported IO devices
and supported gfx on:
	http://www.parisc-linux.org/release-0.9/systems-093.html

grant