[parisc-linux] What keywords should I use to find the answer?

Edward Alfert edward@alfert.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:53:15 -0500

Ok... So I'm experimenting with leaving the fx4 for booting and
interacting in text mode (/dev/tty0) and then I installed a PCI voodoo 3
in graphics pci slot number 1.   the fx4 is in slot 4.

I reran /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config and entered the new information.

When executing startx, it probes the hardware and sees both the FX4
(which it doesn't know what it is), and it also sees the Voodoo 3 which
it identifies correctly.

But it still fails to start the server.  Same error messages:
       (EE) No devices detected.
       Fatal server error:
       no screens found

Any ideas if this is possible.. Have 2 video cards and use the supported
one for gui?