[parisc-linux] anon cvs

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:00:35 -0700

Sonny Cook wrote:
> Is something up with anonamous cvs access?  I get the following error when
> attempting to update my kernel tree:
>
> angstrom:/usr/src/linux-2.4.16-pa16# cvs update -dP .
> cvs [update aborted]: recv() from server cvs.parisc-linux.org: Connection
> reset by peer

I got (nearly) the same error but realized I was using puffin.external.hp.com
server which is wrong. You have the right server.
I fixed the Root files in my local tree and all was well.

> I also noticed that the nightly snapshots are about 45 bytes long.

That was a bug in the scripts. Paul Bame fixed that yesterday.
2.4.16-pa19 should be ok - at least it was last night.

hth,
grant