[parisc-linux] A C180 up and running (partially)

Sean J. Anaya sanaya@gr.hp.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:13:50 -0700

Hi all,

I finally got my C180 installed with pa-linux v0.9.3, WooHoo!

Couple of questions tho:

1) I'm having trouble navigating the install program using a windows 2000
   machine as a serial terminal using the Hyperterminal program setup as
   a vt100. Seems the up/down arrows do not work and I need to use CTRL-n
   in some areas and CTRL-v in others, but they don't scroll down to the
   next item, acts more like a page.

   Any suggestions on how to setup the Hyperterminal program to correctly
   navigate the install program or a different program I could use as a
terminal
   with a windows 2000 machine?

2) I can get the system to boot with the serial console, but when I attach a
graphics
   one, the system hangs during the boot process. I'm guessing this has
something to
   do with the fact I couldn't properly choose what kernel devices to add
since I could
   scroll through the selection list. See Above.

Thanks,

Sean Anaya
sanaya@gr.hp.com