[parisc-linux] tulip driver

Sonny Cook sonny@aspersion.org
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 23:06:19 +0000 (UTC)

What is the state of the tulip driver currently?  I have been running
2.4.9-pa45 for a few weeks with a tulip pci card in a b132L.  I decided to
upgrade the system and kernel.  The kernel I used is 2.4.16-pa16.  During
the boot process, the kernel just locks up after reporting that it has
freed some memory.  Further investigation revealed that loading the tulip
module locks it up.  It spewed out some debugging info, but I did not grab
it.  I have the kernel module autoloader set and tulip compiled as a
module.
Any advice, or hint as to where to start looking would be appreciated.

On a releated note, I have a tulip based 4-port ethernet card
(AHA6944B/TX) that I have been playing with.  Loading the tulip module
with this thing installed also locks the machine up nicely.  I do have the
debugging information the kernel spit, but I'm not quite sure what to do
with it.  Again, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sonny