[parisc-linux] C160 STI console woes

Grant Grundler grundler@puffin.external.hp.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:25:29 -0700

"James P. Kinney III" wrote:
> (Why is the PCI socket "backwards"? I've got a great Matrox Millineum ...)

You mean the keying of the PCI slot?
I don't know if C160 supports 3.3v, 5.5v, or both. I'd need to dig
up a product data sheet to tell you which the C160 (not C160L)
supported. But if your card doesn't fit the keys in the slot,
it's *not* electrically compatible.

Secondly, folks with broken Dino's built-in, can *only* plug
in HP-UPX supported graphics cards once firmware is upgraded
to 5.x or better (on older B and C-class machines).
PDC won't boot with anything else installed - but no harm
in trying (unlike mismatched PCI slot keys).

grant