[parisc-linux] console switching with C160 Hyperdrive option card

James P. Kinney III jkinney@localnetsolutions.com
11 Dec 2001 14:07:31 -0500

--=-bP3Pa2cuhzKT5GEOhg1R

Ah, Ha! Lots of sti stuff in dmesg output. All positive. Found
everything.=20

Grabbed a new kernel source from kernel.org and ran make oldconfig. I
think it uses the current running kernel for a starting point.

Looked at the .config file afterwards. No sti frame buffer configured.
Hmm.=20

More research. Current firmware is 2.1. Latest firmware from HP is 6.1.
And it "fixes" some 3rd  party graphics card problems.

As soon as I get a blank tape, I'll upgrade the firmware (scary
process!).

Did the sti framebuffer get compiled into the kernel on the 0.9.3-rc6
iso or am I missing something?