[parisc-linux] console switching with C160 Hyperdrive option card

Helge Deller helge.deller@sap.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:50:21 +0100

On Tuesday 11 December 2001 03:55, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> I loaded up the 0.9.3-rc6 iso. Loaded great onto a C160. I have a
> Hyperdrive optional graphics card that my A4033A monitor is attached to.
> The main Gecko GSC core graphics is not used. I can get a serial console
> with no problem.
>
> How do I tell palo to use the Hyperdrive card?
>
> I tried telling it console=fb0, but never got anything. I tried telling
> it sti=1, no luck there. Tried both.
>
> Suggestions welcome !

Hi James,

sti=1 should be the right value if the stifb driver detects and supports your
hyperdrive. Maybe you could post the boot-messages regarding your
graphic cards (`dmesg | grep sti`) ?

Helge