[parisc-linux] telnetd on hppa: strange behaviour?

joel.soete@freebel.net joel.soete@freebel.net
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:01:27 +0100 (CET)

Hi Nathan,

According to apt-get man page the difference between upgrade and dist-upgrade
seems to me to be in the selection of more or less important packages:

man apt-get
       dist-upgrade
              dist-upgrade, in addition to performing  the  func­
              tion  of upgrade, also intelligently handles chang­
              ing dependencies with  new  versions  of  packages;
              apt-get  has  a "smart" conflict resolution system,
              and it will attempt to upgrade the  most  important
              packages  at  the expense of less important ones if
              necessary.  The /etc/apt/sources.list file contains
              a  list of locations from which to retrieve desired
              package files.

But I always forget to log stdout and sdterr of this command.
Do you know if it exist somewhere a log of dpkg actions (like
/var/adm/sw/sw....log of HPUX SD)?

        Joel