[parisc-linux] Users staying up to late. ;)

Carlos O'Donell Jr. carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:37:24 -0400

> > In general, I don't want to submit a bugreport and have the
> > list say "That's already fixed in the latest updated package" :)
>
> That's fair enough.

Thanks for all the comments!

> Yes, it does.  Until you've managed to get sully synced up to latest
> toolchain/libs/kernel at which point, it magically stops.

Leading back to my reasoning at the start.
Things magically fix themselves when you get the latest package.
Atleast that's what the developers always say ;)

> > Linux node10 2.4.0 #37 Tue Jul 17 22:33:26 EDT 2001 parisc unknown
>
> OK, you _definitely_ need to update this.  You could pull from CVS or
> grab a snapshot tarball, see the webpages on how to do this.

True. Our nodes aren't running the latest kernel, but now that I see
the myriad of page_faults that many programs are causing, I will
be rolling a new one quite soon.

I had the auto-builder perl script working at one point.
Then I mucked about with it, broke it, and then never used it again.
I should get it going again, have been doing most of the kernel builds
by doing a quick CVS slurp and xcompile (Yes my PIII 450 is much
faster at compiling kernels ;) ... then again so is our newly acquired Dual
PIII 1.0GHz mmmmm.... -j16. god bless funding from the engineering
undergraduate society!)

> I seem to remember someone saying this was a bug in an old version
> of dpkg.  So one way around this may be to dpkg --remove texinfo, then
> install dpkg, then install texinfo again.

I will try removing texinfo and then installing dpkg, and tell you
if that was the fix.

TODO:

- Latest kernel.
- dpkg unintall-install-install.