[parisc-linux] list of supported machine types

Bdale Garbee bdale@gag.com
13 Aug 2001 10:12:45 -0600

I've been having a chat with Martin Schulze about the Debian ports page for
hppa, and he brings up a good point.  There really isn't a good page right now
showing which machines are known to work with the latest CD image and which
are not.  And for those that don't work with the CD installer, which ones can
be made to work with a network install and which really just won't work at all?

  From my own experience, it would be very helpful to know which systems
  are supported and how.  The hwdb @parisc-linux is not very helpful.  They
  list systems and their owners.  Does it run on 720?  735?  715/33 and 715/50?
  Ok, 715/50 I've seen on the list, but not the others, though, they are listed.
  I have a couple of HP systems flying around here, *counting* 9, different
  models, which one will do and which won't?

The closest thing is http://www.parisc-linux.org/release-0.9/systems.html, but
it isn't clear whether that list is still correct for 0.9.2?

Bdale