[parisc-linux] list of supported machine types

Carlos O'Donell Jr. carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:33:55 -0400

>   I have a couple of HP systems flying around here, *counting* 9, different
>   models, which one will do and which won't?
>
> The closest thing is http://www.parisc-linux.org/release-0.9/systems.html, but
> it isn't clear whether that list is still correct for 0.9.2?
>
> Bdale

Bdale,

A very good point. We have a cluster of 30x 712/50's running.
Although we have taken some unorthodox steps, like running ypbind
in debug mode so it doesn't crash, voodoo magic and x-compiled MPICH.

We also have a few 712/33's running, but we mostly gutted them for
parts. I'll see if I can rebuild one this week and test on it.

We have a single 712/60 that Byron Sonne gave us (Hi Bryon!) and
it ran without any problem. The 712/60 is happily living as Node23
right now :)

Should we attempt to track usable .config's for a given machine type/setup?
Navigating the kernel config on the 712/50's is a bit like a minefield...
you enable the wrong thing and boom!

Cheers,
Carlos.