[parisc-linux] Linux on R947X?

Stan Sieler sieler@allegro.com
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:11:20 -0700 (PDT)

Re:

> I believe we are talking about a 947RX which is the MPe equivalent of the
> G30.

Yes.

> these machines will be a long time coming, if ever.  The second problem is
> that the firmware is different for MPe than HP-UX.  Conversion from a 947RX

AFAIK, the firmware should be 100% identical.  The only diference I'm aware of
is the model string and the OS-license info in stable storage.

And, of course, you're giving up a lot more turning an HP 3000 into a Linux
box than you are when turning an HP 9000 into a Linux box :)

Seriously, if he has a 947RX, he might be able to resell it.

As far as selling a 922?   It's a very old HP 3000, and has little or no
market value :(
(By "little or no", I mean: you'll be lucky to sell it for $50.)

--
Stan Sieler                                           sieler@allegro.com
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html                  www.sieler.com