[parisc-linux] Fwd: [Linux-ia64] [RFC] /proc/ksyms change for IA64 (fwd)

Bjorn Helgaas bjorn_helgaas@hp.com
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:24:05 -0600

> > Is this an issue for parisc as well?
>
> I'm pretty sure parisc port has already addressed this since insmod
> works. Talk to Richard Hirst since he's done most of the kernel modules
> support.

insmod works fine on ia64 as well.  The problem they tripped over was that
ksymoops running native on ia64 and using /proc/ksyms failed, while a
running ksymoops on ia32 (cross debug mode) with ia64 debug info and
System.map worked fine.

ismod uses the descriptor address (which ia64 currently puts in
/proc/ksyms), while ksymoops requires the code address.