[parisc-linux] Linux on R947X?

CARSON,KEVIN (HP-Canada,ex1) kevin_carson@hp.com
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:50:08 -0400

I believe we are talking about a 947RX which is the MPe equivalent of the
G30.

This presents two problems.  The hardware is identical to the G30 but
everything that I have read in the PA-Linux project is that support for
these machines will be a long time coming, if ever.  The second problem is
that the firmware is different for MPe than HP-UX.  Conversion from a 947RX
to a G30 might be available but it wouldn't matter, one could probably pick
up a used G30 or newer for less $$ than the conversion would cost.

Kevin