[parisc-linux] booting on 712/60

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:30:34 +0200

Hello James,

Am Wednesday 18 October 2000 09:03 schrieb James Waterhouse:
> Hello,
> 	I just compiled a ramdisk using mondays cvs src for everything. I'm
> using the graphics console ramdisk file off the puffin.external.hp.com
> (ramdisk20000530-sticon.tgz) to make the ramdisk. Now when I got to boot
> it boots up until the point where the kernel says...
>
> Sending BOOTP request.... OK
> IP-Config: Got BOOTP answer.. bla bla
> Switching from PDC console
>
> And then I get nothing. So what is happening when we switch from the PDC
> console? Is the output going to the serial port, or am I crashing
> because my graphics hardware is not supported, or am I crashing for some
> other reason?

I'm seeing the same here. The kernel switches independend of your
kernel-settings (STI-Console - no STI-Console) to serial-console and just
puts some of it's error-messages to the STI-console.
If you don't have a nullmodem cable, you could try to ping/telnet your
parisc, to see if it's still alive.
I currently don't know which change in CVS disallowed us to use just
STI-Console, but will try to figure out later today.

Helge.