[parisc-linux] booting on 712/60

David Huggins-Daines dhd@linuxcare.com
18 Oct 2000 10:41:42 -0400

Helge Deller <deller@gmx.de> writes:

> I'm seeing the same here. The kernel switches independend of your
> kernel-settings (STI-Console - no STI-Console) to serial-console and just
> puts some of it's error-messages to the STI-console.
> If you don't have a nullmodem cable, you could try to ping/telnet your
> parisc, to see if it's still alive.
> I currently don't know which change in CVS disallowed us to use just
> STI-Console, but will try to figure out later today.

Very strange, because it worked for me.  But perhaps I had a magical
combination of .config settings that eludes others.

Of course sticon and the keyboard driver are so broken that I have a
hard time imagining that anyone is actually using them for serious
work, so I don't feel a great urgency here.

I will look into it now if it's not already fixed.

--
dhd@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/
Linuxcare. Support for the revolution.