[parisc-linux] CVS linux Vs. -test10

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:11:23 -0800

Grant Grundler wrote:
> arch/parisc/kernel/ccio-dma.c    -> drivers/gsc/ccio-dma.c
> arch/parisc/kernel/ccio-rm-dma.c -> drivers/gsc/ccio-rm-dma.c
>
>     ccio will *always* be associated with a GSC bus since that's
>     the secondary bus. And ccio supports devices below dino.c which
>     already lives in drivers/gsc.

Ryan - moving/keeping these files is up to you.
I was just sharing what I thought was "right".
Apologies for not making that clear earlier.

> arch/parisc/kernel/lba_pci.c     -> drivers/ropes/lba_pci.c
> arch/parisc/kernel/sba_iommu.c   -> drivers/ropes/sba_iommu.c
> arch/parisc/kernel/iosapic.c     -> drivers/ropes/iosapic.c

I've talked to one of the folks working on IA64-linux.
They are interested in merging iosapic code but haven't even
looked at the parisc version I wrote. We talked a bit about the
issues and it doesn't sound like it's going to happen anytime soon.
In any case, iosapic.c doesn't belong under "drivers/ropes".

So none of this needs to move in the forseeable future.
It can all stay in arch/parisc/kernel.

grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Systems Enablement Lab