[parisc-linux] CVS linux Vs. -test10

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 23:18:16 -0800

Ryan Bradetich wrote:
> Do you really want to merget the ccio-rm-dma.c file into Linus's tree?
> It is just a reference file used to construct the real ccio-dma.c file ... I
> don't believe it is referenced anywhere.

Hi Ryan,
Yes I do. It is supposed to work for ccio+PCX-W platforms (eg C360).
Keeping it arround will document the pro/con's of that approach and
give folks who have time (and the right machine) something to experiment
with instead of writing it from scratch.  If someone finds an application
it's good for (short transactions with low latency requirements perhaps),
it's worth having around.

It's not referenced because I didn't add a CONFIG_CCIO_RM_IOMMU flag
or ccio_rm_init() call to drivers/gsc/gsc.c:gsc_init().  You are welcome
add this CONFIG flag by hacking arch/parisc/config.in and defconfig.
If you do, please add rules which only allow one or the other
CONFIG_CCIO* option to be enabled.

thanks,
grant

Grant Grundler