[parisc-linux] dino maintainer?

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:10:42 -0800

Anyone interested in maintaining Dino?

I don't have time for it and all the docs are on the web.
One of the "TODO" things is to convert dino.c to use struct
pci_hba the same way lba_pci.c does....

Richard Hirst wrote:
> Thanks.  I agree it doesn't look like the driver is even seeing the
> chip; I wonder if PCI support is broken...
>
> > dino_bridge_init: IO_ADDR_EN hasn't been configured.
> > kernel BUG at dino.c:646!
>
> Does it usually say that on bootup?

per Helge's request:

The bug is normal for card-mode Dino - not for Built-in Dino.
I think Helge has the GSC 100BT card which is a card-mode Dino on-board
with one (or two) Tulip(s) behind it.

The warning is a reminder one can NOT use MMIO accesses to those
PCI devices and *only* I/O Port space (eg inb/outb).

If someone wants to fix the warning so it's quiet for card-mode
devices...see is_card_dino(d) in dino_driver_callback() for an
example.

FYI - card-mode dino was used for several different networking
interfaces but not SCSI interfaces.

hope this helps,
grant

Grant Grundler