[parisc-linux] dino maintainer?

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:58:35 +0000

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 08:10:42AM -0800, Grant Grundler wrote:
> The bug is normal for card-mode Dino - not for Built-in Dino.
> I think Helge has the GSC 100BT card which is a card-mode Dino on-board
> with one (or two) Tulip(s) behind it.
>
> The warning is a reminder one can NOT use MMIO accesses to those
> PCI devices and *only* I/O Port space (eg inb/outb).
>
> If someone wants to fix the warning so it's quiet for card-mode
> devices...see is_card_dino(d) in dino_driver_callback() for an
> example.
>
> FYI - card-mode dino was used for several different networking
> interfaces but not SCSI interfaces.

But Helge has problems with the sym53c8xx driver on a B160L.  Is
that a PCI card driven via Dino?  And if so, are you saying he needs
to build his kernel with CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_IOMAPPED=y so it
doesn't try to use MMIO?

Helge, it might be worth trying to switch on CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_IOMAPPED
anyway just to see what happens.  Otherwise someone needs to start
adding printk debug to figure out what is happening.  I can't do
that as I don't have a sym53c8xx pci card.

Richard