sym53c8xx-driver (was: Re: [parisc-linux] kernel merge)

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:11:42 +0100 (MET)

> Hi Helge,
>
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 01:13:58AM +0100, Helge Deller wrote:
> > On Tuesday 14 November 2000 00:27, Richard Hirst wrote:
> > > Hi Helge,
> > >   The problem I fixed related to the ncr53c8xx driver (which shares
> > > code with sym53c8xx), and was to make 53c720 support work again.
> > > sym53c8xx worked for me on my A180.  Please can you try booting
> > > with
> > >
> > > 	sym53c8xx=verb:7,debug:0xffff
> > >
> > > and send me the output?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >  Richard
> >

> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > the output and the relevant part of .config is attached.
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > 	Helge
>
> Thanks.  I agree it doesn't look like the driver is even seeing the
> chip; I wonder if PCI support is broken...
>
> > dino_bridge_init: IO_ADDR_EN hasn't been configured.
> > kernel BUG at dino.c:646!
>
> Does it usually say that on bootup?

Yep.
Has always been there, but nevertheless the scsi-driver worked before.
FYI: The non-pci sim700-driver also didn't showed up before pb fixed it in
CVS with a few one-line-patches.

NB: Could maybe someone (ggg?) explain me the kernel-bug mentioned above ?

> Richard

Greetings,

	Helge