[parisc-linux] Value of an old K-class server?

Andrew Shugg andrew@neep.com.au
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 21:02:12 +0800

willy@thepuffingroup.com said:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 07:48:49AM +0800, Andrew Shugg wrote:
> > I'm a bit confused by this.  I thought the HP 375 was a PA-RISC thingy.
> > Certainly there have been numerous people on this list talking about getting
> > their 315's or whatever to boot the parisc-linux kernel.
>
> Do you perhaps mean the 735 and 715?

Ahah - brilliant!  This indeed what I meant.  Thanks.

> > Is a PA7000 not a PA-RISC chip?
>
> Yes, it is.  To complicate matters, there are PA7000 CPUs which implement
> the PA1.0 architecture (PCX) and PA7000 CPUs which implement the PA1.1
> architecture (PCX-S).  The intention is to support the latter and not
> the former.
>
> Less than a year ago, I didn't know the difference between a PA1.0 and
> PA1.1 machine :-)

Okay.  =)  Is it clear at this point what is definitely going to be supported
(even if it doesn't work now), and what will _never_ be supported?  (ie,
basically, what has 1.0 and what has 1.1?)

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                http://www.neep.com.au/

  "Just remember Basil, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
  "Oh, really?  I'd like to meet him ... I could do with a good laugh."
                 [ Sybil and Basil Fawlty, "Fawlty Towers" ]