[parisc-linux] OT: HP A4033A Monitor and X

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb+hplinux@zabbadoz.net
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 13:20:33 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

please directly reply to me and not to the list because this question
is OT. - thanx.

I got a second hand apollo and it's working quite fine (out of the
box) with parisc-0.5.iso (uptimes growing :-) but as long as there
is no support for monitor (most likely I will never need anyway)
I wanted to use the HP A4033A monitor I got with it with some
other PC rather than letting it get dusty in a corner.

The only thing I could find was
http://www.hp.com/workstations/support/documentation/technotes/linux/monitor.html
but I am totaly unable to get it working with X. When I power it on
just after about 5 secs it falls asleep into power safe mode. tried with 3-
and 5-BNC cables with and without syncongreen.

It was working quite fine with apollo and hpux and X but prefering
linux there are no hpux config files any more.

I am wondering if any of you might have a working XF86Config file for
me ? Already tried up to two days now and slowly getting ...

Thank you in advance for your help,
Bjoern