OT: HP A4033A Monitor and X [solved ?]

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb+hplinux@zabbadoz.net
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 17:35:11 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> I got a second hand apollo and it's working quite fine (out of the
> box) with parisc-0.5.iso (uptimes growing :-) but as long as there
> is no support for monitor (most likely I will never need anyway)
> I wanted to use the HP A4033A monitor I got with it with some
> other PC rather than letting it get dusty in a corner.

Hi,

many thanks to all people who answered and helped.

I am posting the answer because I got mails from people having the
same problem.

I finally managed to get it working :-))

setup:
PC
G400
5-BNC cable (rgb, hsync, vsync)
X 4.0.2

I do not know why but it started to work after I accidentally
(while trying a second cable) swapped hsync and vsync.
Had no chance to get it up with 3-bnc or SyncOnGreen stuff.
I do not know if it's a problem with my card, with the cables or with
the monitor; it's just working now.

If anybody needs a XF86Config file. I put mine on
http://www.zabbadoz.net/zabbadoz-network/z1/XF86Config
(starting a not yet working dual screen setup so do not get confused)

A happy and successful new year.

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/