[parisc-linux] xchg/cmpxchg defined in wrong place?

R P Herrold herrold@owlriver.com
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 23:16:39 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Grant Grundler wrote:

> I moved all the xchg/cmpxchg related code from include/asm-i386/system.h
> to include/asm-i386/atomic.h and built an x86 kernel (natively) but didn't
> boot it. Booting the kernel shouldn't be necessary since mis-use will
> result in a linker error (xchg undefined).

I've always liked this one:

Theory and Practice, distinguished:  In Theory, there is no
difference between Theory and Practice; in Practice, there
always is ...

I'm going to try spinning up a G50, and sniffing at a K220 for
parisc linux ... 735/125 on the way in ... I'd like to leave
HP-UX on the K220 and 'dual boot' -- but it is such a pain to
hook a console up -- Any thoughts on an OS/2 style Boot
Manager leaving 'next boot' semaphore flags behind ...

-- Russ