[parisc-linux] msdos_partion+120 == code 28

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:23:54 -0700

Philipp Rumpf wrote:
> > code 28 == "Unaligned Data Reference Trap".
> > (Gee, where have I seen this before? :^(  )
> >
> > IAOQ  == 0xc016939c msdos_partition+120
> >

> Can you resolve that into a line of the C code ?  It looks to me like
> the msdos partition code has been fixed to use get_unaligned and le*_to_cpu
> so I believe this should be a genuine bug.

0000058c <msdos_partition>:
 6ac:   0c 78 10 96     ldw c(sr0,r3),r22

GR 3 : c7f629be

I started looking at the code and I wasn't able to finish tracking
this down to day. Any other takers?

If I had to guess, I'd say check dereferences of nr_sects in struct
partition. But that's not obvious in msdos_partition...

thanks,
grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Development Lab