[parisc-linux] code 28 in msdos_partition()

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:19:29 -0700 (PDT)

I figured out line 434 (of 497) fs/partitions/msdos.c
("if (!NR_SECTS(p))") is causing the code 28 trap (unaligned data
reference trap) despite the use of get_unaligned() macro. Seems
get_unaligned() just isn't supported. I tried tracking this down in
order to fix it but got distracted by another problem.
If someone feels like they want to contribute in
a small way, fixing get/put unaligned would be helpful.

The problem which distracted me was the use of generic
swap macros by get_unaligned. parisc-linux defines architecture
specific macros and I couldn't figure out why those
were NOT being used. Any takers for this too?

I'm punting for now on both problems because:
a) opportunity for someone else to contribute
b) I can work more on the HPMC problems.

thanks,
grant