[parisc-linux] Dino developments...

Alex deVries adevries@thepuffingroup.com
Sun, 03 Oct 1999 19:29:19 -0400

I've fixed up a couple of things in the kernel:

- PCI bus walking happens in the *right place*, pci_init().

- I've fixed the inventory code to handle hversion_rev and sversion_rev

- Multiple Dinos are detected properly now

- Card Mode Dino now seems to work for bus walking, the MMIO is a whole
different story.

As a test, I packed in:
- a Symbios SCSI controller PCI card
- a GSC gigabit ethernet card (which uses a dino)
- another GSC gigabit ethernet card (which uses a dino)

(and if you're curious as to how I can pack three cards in an A class,
you'll have to visit Ottawa to see)

The output I get is:
Dino version 3.1 (bridge mode) found at
0xfff80000
Dino version 3.0/3.1 (card mode) found at
0xfff84000
Found a PCI device, and the vendor is 0x107e, device
0x3
Dino version 3.0/3.1 (card mode) found at
0xfff88000
Found a PCI device, and the vendor is 0x12ae, device
0x1
PCI: Probing PCI
hardware
Found a PCI device, and the vendor is 0x104b, device
0x8130
Found a PCI device, and the vendor is 0x1011, device
0x19

So the first PCI device found is an "Interphase" gigE thing that's not
in the PCI database, the second is an Alteon Acenic gigE, the third is
the Symbios SCSI card, and the last is the onboard DEC tulip.

- Alex

--
Alex deVries
Vice President of Engineering