[parisc-linux] serial console

Thomas Bogendoerfer tsbogend@alpha.franken.de
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:10:19 +0200

On Sat, Jul 10, 1999 at 02:53:39PM -0400, Mike Shaver wrote:
> I have a serial console cable that came with my A180C, but I can't get
> the silly box to talk to it.

disconnect the web console port. Whenever I have the web console port
connected to the hub, the serial console doesn't work for. As soon
as I unplug the web console the serial console comes up immidiatly. I
haven't notice this behaviour until I got enough cables today:-)

> Also, is there an equivalent to Sun's L1-A or the Indy's
> send-break-over-serial that will get me back to the PROM in the event
> that Linux jumps to east nowhere?  Or do I have to power cycle?

So far everbody denied the existance of that essentiell (at least for
kernel hackers) feature.

Thomas.

                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]