[parisc-linux] serial console

Mike Shaver shaver@netscape.com
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 14:53:39 -0400

I have a serial console cable that came with my A180C, but I can't get
the silly box to talk to it.

I've tried with another known-good cable (it works with my Indy), and
still nothing.  What do I need to do to activate it?  I tried unplugging
the web console from the network, and rebooting with the serial cable
connected and minicom running, but still no joy.

Also, is there an equivalent to Sun's L1-A or the Indy's
send-break-over-serial that will get me back to the PROM in the event
that Linux jumps to east nowhere?  Or do I have to power cycle?

Mike

--
275134.15 242554.19