[parisc-linux] Pa-risc Linux timetables?

Alex deVries adevries@thepuffingroup.com
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 09:48:49 -0400

Hannu Martikka wrote:
> I just noticed that Linus is doing feature freeze for 2.4 in few weeks.
> That raised couple of questions.

I've talked to Linus about merging the changes into his mainstream
kernel tree, and he's agreed, but only once our kernel actually does
something.  I agree with this.

> Do we have any estimate on parisc/linux timetables? When is the pa-risc
> Linux going to be "released"? Do we target it to 2.5 or 2.6?

It's very difficult to suggest a timeline to a project that's done only
on volunteer time, so I don't think anyone's ready to commit to a
schedule.

My feeling is we'll address the kernel merge once we have a kernel to
merge.  A LOT of the architecture ports had their own seperate tree for
many years.  MIPS, for instance, has only just merged.

- alex
--
Alex deVries
Vice President of Engineering