[parisc-linux] Pa-risc Linux timetables?

Matthew Wilcox Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 15:32:48 +0200

On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 03:54:09PM +0300, Hannu Martikka wrote:
> Do we have any estimate on parisc/linux timetables? When is the pa-risc
> Linux going to be "released"? Do we target it to 2.5 or 2.6?
>
> We are now based on 2.2.1. How big effort would be required to merge
> pa-risc linux (2.2.1) to 2.3/2.4?

I believe we're aiming at having a 2.2 version ready for the end of the
year -- approximately the same time as Linus expects to have a 2.4 release
out.  Updating to 2.4 shouldn't be a big problem, and we don't have to be
ready for the release of 2.4.0 -- Linus merged alpha, sparc, ppc and mips
trees at several stages after 2.2.0 was released.  (Indeed, there is a
big mips merge in the 2.2.11 prepatches.)

Don't worry about 2.4 yet :-)

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of