[parisc-linux] No PS2 keyboard/mouse on B132L, 2.6.[34]

Andy Walker ajwalker at broadpark.no
Tue Mar 9 15:21:53 MST 2004

> On Dienstag, 9. März 2004 11:33, Andy Walker wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I agree, that this behaviour seems somehow little strange. Thibaut Varene
> complained too.
> But on the other side without this auto-enablement of the GSC PS/2
> controller
> users maybe enable PS/2 mouse and/or PS/2 keyboard and miss enabling the
> GSC PS/2 controller too - with the result, that neither keyboard or mouse
> would
> work when the kernel is booted....
>
> Personally I prefer the automatic enablement. Even on iA32 this is the
> default now.
>
> Best regards,
> Helge

Helge,

Glad to report that the keyboard is now working. No mouse yet, but I
need to try it without the KVM in the way as that's likely to be the
problem. Perhaps I need .proto=bare or .proto=imps2.
At the moment I get:

serio: GSC PS2 keyboard port at 0xffd08000 irq 69 @ parisc8:16:7
input: AT Raw Set 2 keyboard on parisc8:16:7
serio: GSC PS2 mouse port at 0xffd08100 irq 69 @ parisc8:16:8
gscps2.c: timeout - could not write byte 0xed
gscps2.c: sending byte 0xed failed.

cat /dev/misc/psaux and wobbling the mouse gives nothing.

cheers,
-Andy