[parisc-linux] No PS2 keyboard/mouse on B132L, 2.6.[34]

Helge Deller deller at gmx.de
Tue Mar 9 14:59:05 MST 2004

On Dienstag, 9. März 2004 11:33, Andy Walker wrote:
> I'm just about to give this a try. The reason these weren't enabled is
> that menuconfig was a bit non-intuitive (to me at least). Maybe I was
> just being paranoid, but when I selected ATKBD or MOUSE_PS2 then the GSC
> PS/2 item got closed up and I didn't know whether it was on or off. That
> scared me and I assumed that selecting GSC PS/2 support would enable
> everything else I needed. Compiling now, but I won't be able to test
> until I get home from work and actually get my hands on the keyboard/mouse.

Hi Andy,

I agree, that this behaviour seems somehow little strange. Thibaut Varene
complained too.
But on the other side without this auto-enablement of the GSC PS/2 controller
users maybe enable PS/2 mouse and/or PS/2 keyboard and miss enabling the
GSC PS/2 controller too - with the result, that neither keyboard or mouse would
work when the kernel is booted....

Personally I prefer the automatic enablement. Even on iA32 this is the default now.

Best regards,
Helge